Provide refugees with valuable digital skills and a strong network of tech leaders and companies to help create new opportunities for all.
As a ReDI School student you will participate in a 3 month program with weekly classes taught by volunteers, who are all professionals in the digital industry.
In addition you will get access to a large number of workshops, professional networks, job training and conferences, which can help you land a job or find a paid internship.
We will support you with a laptop, that you give back at the end of the course.
What are the key outcomes and impact of your solution?
- Integration between Newcomers and the local business community
- Develop relevant professional skills amongst Newcomers
- Create role models for other Newcomers to follow
- Accelerate the job market integration
- Train staff for the 43.000 open IT jobs in Germany
- Set the agenda in Europe: Refugees = opportunity!
- Empower Women and Children through IT training
- Make it easy for tech companies to take on social responsibility
- Make it easy for volunteers with IT background to take on social responsibility
What actions do you propose to realize your stated goals?
- Offer 3 month IT courses
- Blended learning experience: off line and online learning
- Project based learning
- Partnerships with online academies
- Partnerships with IT Companies
Who will take these actions?
ReDI School of Digital Integration is a social enterprise and will be responsible.
What do you expect are the costs associated with piloting and implementing the solution, and what is your business model?
Running cost to scale ReDI School of digital Integration in to other cities in Germany would be 200.000 euro per City, for running the program for a year.
Implementation in München or Stuttgart from August 2017.
How can we improve learning outcomes for refugee and displaced young people under 24?